It’s back! Bigger and better than ever before – CEDIA launches the 2017 CEDIA Awards.
CEDIA has announced the 2017 CEDIA Awards is officially open for entries. This year’s scheme introduces new and revised award categories and will feature a number of improvements, making it quicker and easier for members to enter. All programme updates will be mirrored in the Americas and Asia Pacific Awards.
The 2017 CEDIA Awards categories are as follows:
- Best Media Room £20k and under *Revised*
- Best Media Room £20k – £80k *New*
- Best Media Room £80k and over *New*
- Best Home Cinema £40k and under
- Best Home Cinema £40k – £120k *Revised*
- Best Home Cinema £120k – £240k *New*
- Best Home Cinema £240k and over *New*
- Best Integrated Home £120k and Under *Revised*
- Best Integrated Home £120k – £240k *Revised*
- Best Integrated Home £240k – £360k *New*
- Best Integrated Home £360k and over *New*
- Best Innovative Solution *Revised*
- Best Auto, Marine and Aircraft Project *New*
- Best Special Project *New*
- Best Lighting Control and Installation *Revised*
- Best Multiple Dwelling Unit Design *Revised*
- Best Showroom
Two additional sub-categories include Best Documentation and Best Dressed Rack. All entries will be automatically placed into both sub-categories for consideration. Category winners, alongside winners from the Americas and Asia Pacific regions, will also be entered into the CEDIA Global Awards. A panel of global judges will identify ‘the best of the best’.
CEDIA EMEA members will also be invited to vote for their Best Trade Supplier and Best Training Course by a Trade Supplier in a special online poll organised as part of the scheme. Meanwhile, journalists writing for consumer homes and interiors magazines will also have the opportunity to enter the category, “Best Technology Feature in a Homes and Interiors Publication”.
In line with feedback from members, CEDIA has implemented significant improvements to the online award entry portal to make the entry process as streamlined and efficient as possible. Members can access this portal at the dedicated awards website where they can view entry criteria, category information, and guidelines, then submit their projects and supporting documentation.
“We are so excited to launch the 2017 CEDIA Awards,” comments Vinccent Bruno, CEDIA’s CEO. “We are delighted to offer an expanded and globally aligned awards programme that will celebrate the excellence and professionalism of CEDIA members worldwide. With newly revised categories, an improved entry process and the chance to compete as Global Award contenders, the CEDIA Awards promise to be better than ever for all participants.”