This #CaughtOnCamera was sent in to our Facebook page by Esteban Lara: “Spotted this melted cable in a loft on a recent job. The landlord made a cheap DIY job to connect a 9kW electric shower, connecting it from the lighting circuit and using a 1.5mm t&e cable to supply the shower – it’s lucky there wasn’t a fire 🔥! New cct run from the DB to the shower using 10mm t&e cable – all tested, working properly and safe now!”
How happy would you be if you found this shocker?! @c.melectricall made this discovery at a house in Wythenshawe/Manchester and sent it to us via Instagram.
Steve Lyons, shows that you don’t always get what you pay for: “Customer paid £1,700 for a consumer unit upgrade…. nuisance rcd tripping afterwards, no grommets used, not fire sealed, one neutral spliced for two lighting circuits, non sheared cables not protected, oh and it looks like spaghetti junction…”