Leading firms receive awards during the ECA Annual Awards Gala event in South Wales.
Top-performing building services and electrical firms achieved major accolades at the 2016 ECA Gala Dinner and Awards, attended by hundreds of industry leaders on 8 July at Celtic Manor in South Wales.
The award winners on the night, supported by headline sponsor LEDVANCE, were as follows:
ECA Large Contractor of the Year Award (sponsored by Schneider Electric)
- Winner: W T Parker Group Services Ltd
- Highly commended: Imtech Engineering Services Central
ECA Contractor of the Year Award – up to £20 million turnover (sponsored by Electrium)
- Winner: Haydon Mechanical & Electrical
- Highly commended: Braham Electrical
ECA Contractor of the Year Award – up to £5 million turnover (sponsored by Hager)
- Winner: Amalgamated Ltd
- Highly commended: DES Electrical Contractors UK Ltd
ECA Contractor of the Year Award– up to £1 million turnover (sponsored by Edmundson Electrical)
- Winner: Power Electrics (Bristol) Ltd
- Highly commended: Panks Engineers Ltd and Elsym Installations Ltd
Best Client/Contractor Partnership Award (sponsored by ECIC)
- Winner: DES Electrical Contractors UK Ltd
Innovation in Contracting Award (sponsored by Eaton)
- Winner: Marshall Land Systems Ltd
Best Health and Safety Initiative Award (sponsored by ABB)
- Winner: Imtech Engineering Services Central Ltd
- Highly commended: Darke & Taylor Ltd
Excellence in Training and Development Award (sponsored by JTL)
- Winner: Quartzelec Ltd
- Highly commended: Bebbington & Wilson Ltd and N Smith Electrical Ltd
Guests enjoyed an evening of entertainment hosted by Alan Dedicoat, the voice of The National Lottery, and popular comedian Stephen K. Amos. During the event, thousands of pounds were also raised by attendees for the Electrical Industries Charity.
ECA CEO Steve Bratt commented: “This year’s ECA Gala Dinner and Awards proved to be a fantastic evening for everyone who attended, and I’m delighted that thousands of pounds were raised for good causes in our industry.
“On behalf of the ECA and our partners, congratulations to all eight ECA Annual Award winners, who managed to see off tough competition from dozens of high quality entries. At the same time, everyone involved would also like to acknowledge this year’s commended and other shortlisted candidates.”
A record-breaking number of submissions were received for this year’s ECA’s Annual Awards. The entries were then assessed by independent judges including CEDIA’s Wendy Griffiths, and Electrical Industries Charity MD Tessa Ogle. Following this, some 34 entries were shortlisted as nominees for awards, spread across the eight award categories.