The FSA Awards will be presented at IFSEC’s Security & Fire Excellence Awards in November.
Six leading organisations in the fire and security industry have confirmed their support for this year’s Fire & Security Association (FSA) Awards, which are open for nominations until 21 September. The industry bodies backing the awards are as follows:
- Electrical Contractors’ Association (ECA)
- SELECT – Electrical Contractors’ Association of Scotland
- National Security Inspectorate (NSI)
- Security Systems and Alarms Inspection Board (SSAIB)
- The Fire Protection Association (FPA)
- British Approvals for Fire Equipment (BAFE)
Following a partnership deal, the two FSA Awards will be presented for the first time at this year’s IFSEC ‘Security and Fire Excellence Awards’, being held on 23 November in London. Attendees on the evening will include business leaders, clients and other key stakeholders.
“The FSA is delighted to confirm that the fire and security sector is getting behind the FSA Awards, highlighting the industry-wide recognition that the winners will receive.”
Representatives from the FSA, SELECT, NSI and SSAIB will be among the judges assessing the nominations for the two individual FSA Awards, which are as follows:
- The Peter Greenwood Security Award recognises individuals who have made an outstanding contribution to the security systems industry. Last year’s winner was Simon Banks of CSL Dualcom.
- The Ian Marsh Fire Award recognises individuals who demonstrate enthusiasm and selfless concern for the fire and emergency systems industry. Last year’s winner was Geoff Teader of Amalgamated Ltd (pictured above – Geoff in the centre, alongside FSA Chairman Pat Allen on the left, and comedian Ed Byrne on the right).
Head of the FSA Steve Martin commented: “The FSA is delighted to confirm that the fire and security sector is getting behind the FSA Awards, highlighting the industry-wide recognition that the winners will receive.
“We urge the entire industry to nominate deserving individuals for these awards, and look forward to recognising the achievements of the winners later this year.”
NSI Business Development Director Graeme Hazlewood added: “NSI strongly supports the FSA in its recognition of extraordinary people in the Security and Fire systems’ industries. These prestigious awards champion those that are passionate about the sector and who strive to make it successful. We wish all of the nominees the best of luck!”
BAFE Chief Executive Stephen Adams commented: “BAFE are pleased to be supporting the FSA Awards. These two sectors are becoming closer than ever and we support the ECA as one of the important trade associations supporting contractors who have gained third party certification for their competence in these areas.”
The winners of both FSA Awards (plus one guest each) will be given free places on the FSA’s table at the Security and Fire Excellence Awards, which is being hosted by top comedian Jimmy Carr.
The deadline for FSA Award nominations is Wednesday 21 September at midday.