Detect hidden sources of heat and energy loss with Teledyne FLIR’s thermal imaging cameras to save energy and cut your heating and energy costs.
The global energy crisis is hitting homes and businesses hard across the UK and Europe, with many people feeling their energy costs are spiralling out of control. According to the Department for Energy, Business and Industrial Strategy, domestic fuel prices in the UK have increased by 60% compared to 2021. And the recent Business Energy Tracker report from Npower Business Solutions shows that 80% of organisations consider energy to be their biggest threat.
So to keep energy costs as low as possible, residents, homeowners and businesses alike need to improve their energy efficiency. But where to start? Many sources of heat and energy leaks are invisible to the naked eye. While you might notice a cold spot, it’s tough to know whether it’s caused by compromised window seals, plumbing leaks, poor insulation, or something else entirely.
That’s why Teledyne FLIR has developed a wide range of thermal imaging cameras that reveal hidden sources of energy loss. These tools empower you to proactively detect and resolve energy leaks, which can all add up to help you lower bills and increase energy efficiency.
Koen Jacobs, Condition Monitoring Sales Director for Europe says, “FLIR’s thermal technology enables homeowners and businesses to identify areas of energy loss quickly and efficiently, immediately providing the insight they need to make quick decisions, and take swift action to reduce their energy bills. Our cameras are easy to use and provide rapid on-screen results, they’re more sensitive than any other camera on the market, and are built to last.”
When it comes to added benefit, Koen says, “Even after the energy crisis has passed, businesses and homeowners can continue to use this technology to keep energy costs down, while at the same time reducing their carbon footprint.”
How Teledyne FLIR’s Thermal Imaging Cameras Help You
FLIR’s personal thermal cameras are designed to be affordable and convenient. That means you can easily find significant areas of heat loss in your home that you otherwise might never have noticed:
● FLIR ONE® – This small thermal camera connects to your smartphone, giving you powerful thermal vision in the palm of your hand. It’s supported by the user-friendly FLIR Home Inspect app, which also offers guidance on what you can do once you’ve identified an issue.
● C5 – This rugged, pocket-sized thermal imager can help you identify overheating fuses, find air leaks around windows and doors, track plumbing leaks, and more. It connects automatically to the FLIR IgniteTM cloud for handy and secure image storage.
Not only are FLIR’s personal thermal cameras small, cost-effective, and easy to use, they’re also handy to have around the house. There are lots of other applications for FLIR’s cameras in the home, some of which may surprise you! (For example, did you know they can find a dog in the dark, check electronics (before the warranty expires!), and even monitor the temperature in a beehive?)
Home inspection professionals
With millions of homeowners and residents struggling with their bills, people are increasingly looking for ways to find and resolve energy loss in their homes. Home inspection professionals can visit your home to diagnose and report problems, allowing you to fix issues and improve energy efficiency.
FLIR offers a range of products that combine outstanding functionality with swift reporting software to enable inspectors to reach more customers and deliver real impact. These products allow inspectors to provide the best service, using the best products, to deliver the best results for their customers:
● FLIR E8-XT – The perfect tool for diagnosing electrical, mechanical and building problems. It connects to the FLIR Tools app so you can easily share images and findings.
● FLIR E52 – Suitable for professional home inspection, this 240 x 180 pixel thermal detector features streamlined reporting via integration with FLIR routing software, a built-in mic for voice annotation, and is fully compatible with FLIR Thermal Studio reporting software, meaning less time spent crunching images and more time inspecting.
Businesses When it comes to business, maximising operational efficiency is vital for controlling energy consumption and avoiding unexpected downtime. FLIR’s condition monitoring tools help businesses of all sizes and sectors to not only identify energy leaks, but even pinpoint invisible performance issues before they become problems, allowing maintenance teams to proactively optimise their business’s energy efficiency:
● FLIR Ex-Series – Powerful troubleshooting tools for building, electrical, and mechanical applications. With resolution options up to 320 × 240 infrared pixels and the ability to accurately measure temperatures from -20°C to 550°C, the Ex-Series has models to fit your target size, working distance, visual detail needs, and budget.
● FLIR Exx-Series – Exceptional thermal imaging with onboard inspection routing to speed up surveys and simplify reporting.
● FLIR Si124 – Acoustic imaging that allows accurate identification of pressurised leaks in compressed air systems or partial discharge from high-voltage electrical systems.
Specifically designed for industrial use, FLIR’s acoustic cameras are heroes in the detection of invisible issues, enabling condition monitoring teams to resolve issues quickly, keep their day-to-day business moving and see off future problems ahead of time.
Acoustic imaging that allows accurate identification of pressurised leaks in compressed air systems or partial discharge from high-voltage electrical systems. Specifically designed for industrial use, FLIR’s acoustic cameras are heroes in the detection of invisible issues, enabling condition monitoring teams to resolve issues quickly, keep their day-to-day business moving and see off future problems ahead of time.
What to Do Once You’ve Found an Energy Leak
Detecting heat and energy loss is the first key step in combatting rising energy costs. The next is fixing it to improve your energy efficiency. Therefore, the sooner you identify and resolve your energy loss issues, the more money you’ll save (while reducing your carbon footprint at the same time).
FLIR’s thermal cameras take the guesswork out of identifying issues. Our range of market-leading products allows individuals, inspection professionals and businesses to be confident about where they need to solve energy problems, meaning you can focus your budget in the best way, to bring your energy costs down and increase energy efficiency now and into the future.
For more information on FLIR’s thermal camera’s, click here