illbruck SP050 Fix & Seal Universal is a multi-purpose sealant ideal for sealing around the next electric mixer shower you fit.
illbruck SP050 sealant provides a high strength flexible bond in a wide variety of construction and industrial applications. Typical uses include the bonding of skirting boards, battens, slats, door thresholds, acoustic panels (and similar sheet materials), etc.
- Always carry out a test to conﬁrm compatibility prior to use.
- Surfaces to be bonded must be clean, dry, dust-proof and degreased.
- Roughen non-porous surfaces.
- On materials such as glass, aluminium, ceramics, lacquered wood, PVC, epoxy and polyester no primer is required. For other materials, please contact tremco illbruck Technical Services.
- Cut off end of thread with a sharp knife, avoiding damage to the thread. Trim the nozzle to the required diameter.
- Ensure good contact between the joint surfaces before applying adhesive. Apply a bead of adhesive to one or both surfaces. For larger bond areas, spread the adhesive immediately using a notched spreader.
- Bring the two components together immediately and clamp securely together for at least 30 minutes until sufficient bond strength has developed. Sufficient working strength will normally develop after 30 minutes.
- A green alternative to traditional polyurethane adhesives – does not contain solvents or isocyanates and is very low odour.
- Excellent adhesion to a wide range of materials including metals, glass, PVC and concrete.
- Tack free in less than 30 minutes.
- Excellent weather resistance – suitable for internal and external applications.
- Can be over painted once cured.