Whether you’re trying to find wood or metal studs or scan for metal and electrical wiring, the Zircon MultiScanner L550 OneStep is the ideal tool.
The Zircon MultiScanner L550 OneStep quickly and easily locates the centre, edges, and direction of studs and joists behind walls, floors and ceilings. It also locates metal as well as live AC electrical wiring. A four-mode switch makes it easy to change modes, while the ultra-bright display screen, patented SpotLite Pointer, and audio tone all indicate the location of the target. The signal strength indicator helps to distinguish between shallow and deep targets.
- StudScan mode locates the centre, edges, and direction of wood or metal studs up to 3⁄4 in. (19 mm) deep
- DeepScan mode doubles the scanning depth to 1 1⁄2 in. (38 mm)
- WireWarning detection indicates the presence of live, unshielded AC electrical wiring up to 2 in. (51 mm) deep in stud and metal scanning modes
- Metal Scan mode locates non-ferrous metal, such as copper pipe, up to 1 1⁄2 in. (38 mm) deep, and ferrous metal, such as rebar, up to 3 in. (76 mm) deep
- AC Scan mode locates live, unshielded AC electrical wiring up to 2 in. (51 mm) deep
- ACT (Auto Correcting Technology) automatically corrects common errors, such as when scanning begins over a stud
- Ultra-bright backlit LCD display indicates target location
- Low battery indicator for optimum performance
- Signal Strength indicator helps to distinguish between shallow and deep targets
- SpotLite Pointer shines an arrow-shaped light on the wall to clearly indicate the centre of the stud
- “V” marker groove for more accurate marking of target location
- Rubber handle for non-slip grip