As well as supplying test equipment to electricians Acutest also provides training to City & Guilds level, plus a repair and calibration service for your instruments. Joanne Pilkington explains.
Acutest is one of the largest electrical test instrument distributors in the UK. Our three UK-wide Service Departments calibrate over 30,000 items per year in our state of the art laboratories.
Our sites are located in Newton Aycliffe, to cover Northern UK, Stoke-on-Trent for the Midlands and Bristol for Southern UK and Wales.
- Traceable Calibration for all electrical test equipment
- On-site Service for half-day and full-days
- Unique five working day turnaround from our three sites
- FREE PICK UP & DROP OFF ANYWHERE IN THE UK
- Manufacturer trained Repair Service
- We only use manufacturers recognised parts
- We repair back to board level
- Full quotation before go ahead, no upfront costs
- Fixed price service also available
- Online access to your Calibration certificates is available
Simple as 1-2-3
- Book online or by phone and collection is made within 24 hours
- Instruments are Calibrated/Repaired quickly and professionally
- Same or next day delivery service, once the work has been carried out
Once your instrument arrives with us, it is booked into our management information system; as we handle about 2,500 instruments each month we make sure we keep track by careful handling and tagging. Our traceable service conforms to ISO10012:2003, ISO9001:2008
All instruments arrive in the calibration laboratory at least 24 hours prior to calibration, allowing them time to equalise to laboratory conditions.
The range of instruments we can calibrate, service and repair extends from electrical equipment for Electricians, right up to high voltage equipment for Power Distribution companies, plus flue gas analysers for the Gas Safe Contractors.
Acutest also has a UKAS laboratory based at our HQ in Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire. This means we can calibrate specific types of instrument to UKAS standard and have been assessed against the highest internationally recognised standard ISO17025:2005. We have demonstrated our competence, impartiality and performance capability – something we are very proud of.