As electricity costs continue to rise and the need for sustainable ‘clean’ energy becomes more pressing, more homeowners and businesses are turning to solar power. But what exactly are the benefits of going solar? The team at V-TAC breaks down the top reasons to make the switch.
Solar energy is renewable or clean energy, meaning it comes from a natural source that is constantly replenished. Solar power does not produce any emissions, pollutants, or greenhouse gases, which makes it a clean and environmentally friendly energy source.
Decreases energy bills
Installing a solar power system on a property can greatly reduce electricity bills. Once the system is installed and operational, the power it generates can be used to power a home or business, reducing the amount of electricity used. This can result in significant savings on electricity bills over time.
Increases property value
According to a study by DECC (now a part of the Department for Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy), energy-saving measures can boost house prices by up to 14% and even up to 38% in some parts of the UK. This means that investing in solar energy could increase a property’s value by an average of £16,000.
Not only does going solar improve a home’s energy efficiency, it also makes the property more attractive to buyers who are looking for energy-efficient homes. This is further supported by a 2022 study that shows that improving a home’s Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) can improve the property’s value by up to 28.02%.
Sell excess energy to the grid
Solar equipment and installation costs can be offset by selling back surplus harvested electricity to the grid. In the UK, there are incentives for households who opt for renewables to power their homes.
Since 2022, the VAT for energy-saving measures like solar panels has been decreased from 5% to 0%. The Smart Export Guarantee enables small-scale low-carbon electricity generators to receive payments for any surplus energy they export back to the grid.
Before becoming an SEG Generator, you can choose an SEG Licensee (energy supplier) who can give you the best rate for every kWh you send back to the grid. These incentives make it easier to reach ROI and even generate additional income from a solar system investment.
A complete solution for solar power installations
As one of the top manufacturers of LED lighting across the UK and Europe for over a decade, V-TAC has now introduced a new ‘Energy’ catalogue which includes a range of top-of-the-line solar equipment at affordable prices. The brand aims to promote the shift to clean energy by building efficient and specialised solar systems to sustain the growing global energy demand. The offering includes:
V-TAC offers monocrystalline solar panels which are made of a single silicon crystal. The electrons that generate electricity have more room to move, making monocrystalline solar cells more efficient than their polycrystalline counterparts. Additional features and benefits include:
● Engineered for a positive power tolerance, producing power equal to or greater than their rated power.
● PID Resistance ensures that the solar panels maintain their power efficiency despite high voltages, high temperatures, high humidity, and other potential factors.
● Excellent performance even in low-light environments, attributed to the advanced glass and cell surface textured design.
● Through high-quality materials and workmanship, V-TAC solar panels come with a 25-year Linear Output Warranty to guarantee that optimal power output will still be achieved, even after decades of use.
Solar inverters convert the energy harvested by the solar panel to usable electricity, but V-TAC’s solar inverters offer more than just that, including:
● Single and three-phase inverters are included in the catalogue to accommodate a range of load requirements.
● Both off-grid and on-grid models are available to meet the property owners’ preferred setups.
● Time-Of-Use Optimisation further improves efficiency and savings.
● Zero Export Function ensures stability and avoids unnecessary surcharges.
● Additional safety layers such as smart fault detection, Arc-Fault Circuit Interrupter (AFCI), Anti-Islanding Protection, and more.
Solar batteries are essential to maximise the benefits of a solar energy set-up. In a grid-tied system, you use your own solar power when the sun is shining and draw power from the grid when it’s not.
With a battery storage system, you can store the excess energy that the solar panels generate during the day for use at night or during periods of low sunlight. This ensures that users can make the most of the solar power system and become less dependent on the grid.
Additional features and benefits include:
● V-TAC solar batteries are designed with smart monitoring controls. Performance analysis can be monitored via the mobile App.
● BMS protection board ensures longevity.
● Lithium Iron Phosphate (LiFePO4) batteries have greater thermal stability and incombustibility, making them more reliable when it comes to safety.
Solar energy is undeniably a smart and sustainable choice for homeowners and businesses looking to reduce their energy costs and become more environmentally friendly. It offers many benefits, from reducing energy bills and carbon footprint to increasing property value and generating additional income.
With the right solar equipment, you can maximise the benefits of solar power, enabling long-term savings and return on investment. Partnering with a reputable solar provider like V-TAC can ensure that you have a complete solution for solar power installations to meet all your customers’ solar energy needs.
Browse the online V-TAC solar product catalogue here