This month, Options Skills, one of the UK’s leading trades training providers, specialising in gas, electrical and renewable energy training courses, celebrates its 10th year in business.
Since launching in 2013, the training provider has continued to grow and expand, now employing over 50 people and operating across four training centres in the UK.
On the company’s recent milestone, Director and Co-Founder Michael Fitzgerald said, “We can’t quite believe it’s been ten years since we opened the doors of Options Skills. To say a lot has happened would be an understatement, and we’re proud of what we’ve achieved. But, of course, none of this would have been possible without our incredible employees, trainees and partners.”
Over the last decade, Options Skills has seen a lot of success, achieving the following milestones:
- Since opening its doors, Options Skills has worked with many different people, from new entrants and career changers to existing plumbers, engineers & electricians, training more than 7,500 tradespeople in the UK.
- In 2015, Options Skills opened its second training centre in Wembley, allowing increased access to students in London and the surrounding areas.
- In 2019, Options Skills opened its third and fourth training centres in the heart of Manchester and London Purley, allowing them to deliver training across England.
- In 2021, Options Skills launched their in-house recruitment team and ‘job club’ to assist trainees in finding employment after training. Since then, they have worked with 210 UK companies to place over 400 trainees into employment.
- In 2022, Options Skills built three new renewable energy training hubs. They launched a series of heat pump & renewable energy courses to deliver training to qualified gas engineers and plumbers, allowing them to future-proof their careers.
- Most recently, in January 2023, Options Skills received government funding to deliver free heat pump & renewable energy courses to existing plumbers and gas engineers as the country moves towards net zero.
Welcoming students from across the UK and overseas, Options Skills has built up a stellar reputation thanks to the high-quality training and ongoing support it delivers to its students. From investing in career services to developing new facilities and courses to help secure the future of thousands of tradespeople in the UK, trainees have always been at the forefront of everything Options Skills do. And will continue to be for many years to come.
For more information, click here