Lutron Electronics, the leader in lighting controls and automated shading solutions, announces the launch of the Alisse wall control for use with its HomeWorks whole-home automation system. Lutron reimagined every detail with the Alisse wall control starting with its thin profile, a broad range of hand-crafted finishes, and subtle illumination around the buttons — allowing it to perfectly complement any décor. With its powerful, game-changing technology and a flexible personalisation and ordering process, the Alisse wall control is both delightful to use and simple to specify and install.
Precisely balanced design with meticulous attention to detail
Nate Hagemeier, Senior Sales Director Europe and Africa at Lutron, discusses the company’s scrupulous attention to detail, “At the heart of the Alisse wall control is Lutron’s understanding that every detail matters when designing a home and that technology’s role should be to enhance the design vision, not distract from it,” he said. “The Alisse wall control’s uncompromising approach to aesthetics through its craftsmanship, style, versatility, and harmonious form bring design visions to life in a beautiful way.”
Lutron uses a hand finishing process to bring out the dimension and hues of the genuine materials and offers a range of signature metal finishes that stretch across the style continuum. Each finish is thoughtfully matched with crisp engraving filled with carefully coordinated ink as well as a complementary thin, glowing halo around the buttons to complete the look. The Alisse wall control’s plate form is perfectly balanced, featuring a sleek, thin profile that protrudes less than 3.2mm from the wall.
Personalisation made flexible
The Alisse wall control offers several personalisation options—including custom engraving and multiple button configurations—but does so in an incredibly innovative way.
Lutron decoupled the wall plate, button configuration, and finish selection from the installation and programming process to allow the base unit to be ordered, installed, and programmed independently of the Alisse wall control plate, which easily snaps on when the button configuration, finish selection, and engraving details have been finalised. This approach allows homeowners to make both design choices and changes up until the end of the installation.
Lutron also provides a protective cover plate for the base unit to prevent damage from construction debris and created a suite of e-tools to make ordering of products and customisations quick and easy.
Additional features of the Alisse wall control include:
– All new Signature Metal Collection – a range of handcrafted metal finishes (aged bronze, aged brass, brushed brass, champagne, satin nickel, graphite, and bright chrome) and painted metal colours (matte black, brilliant white, snow white, and architectural white) to fit a range of interiors.
– Resistant to wear, fingerprints, and stains – uses a proprietary preservation process that does not compromise the luxurious feeling of the material.
– Personalised to fit your lifestyle – features precise engraving, which gives homeowners the ability to name the specific scenes they want to achieve, and one-, two-, and three-column button configurations to suit the needs of any space.
– Integrated by design – designed to seamlessly integrate with Lutron’s HomeWorks whole home automation system, to ensure that the experience in the home is simple and reliable.
– Flexible mounting options- one-, two-, and three-column controls mount within single-gang backbox.
“Lutron considered every detail when designing this product,” said Hagemeier. “We imagined an elegant form, machined from a solid metal plate, and hand finished and grained to perfection with just a hint of powerful technology. But we didn’t stop there. Our teams thought about how they could innovate in every aspect of the product and make design, ordering, installation, and programming better for everyone.”